IF YOU CAN'T SEE ANYTHING HERE HERE PLEASE ASK YOUR NEWSAGENT


All the Free EP's from the 20th Century collected in one place....when I get them, that is.

If you'd like to add to the collection of free magazine covermounts contact me here, on twitter.com/mannygrillo or at last.fm/user/grillmachine

Also available - http://discogshuffle.blogspot.com/


Tuesday 8 June 2010

SOUNDS: SHOWCASE 3 (1987)


1. Serpents Kiss (Remix) - The Mission


Exclusive remix of Leeds Gothic-rock band's first single. Formed from the ashes of Sisters Of Mercy, instant success was assured; Serpents Kiss reached No. 70 in 1986.


2. This Can't Be Love - Gangway


Gangway were an indie synth-pop band from Denmark that released 7 studio albums during the 80s and 90s. This is taken from their second, 'Sitting In The Park', which dates from 1986. As this is billed as an exclusive track on this 1987 EP I can only assume that the album was belatedly released in the UK in 1987...


3. Jesus Came Driving Along (Live) - Leather Nun


Swedish industrial goth and Peel favourites that gained some indie notoriety
in the late 70s and 80s. This is an exclusive live track recorded in Stockholm; the original appeared on their 1986 mini-LP 'Lust Games'.




1 comment:

  1. Waow! Cool website! And it looks like you could make my day:
    I spent a few days this past summer numerising numerous vinyls. This one was one of them. Unfortunately my Archos AV-480 which I used to do the transfer died on me a few weeks later. Is there any way the Mission track could be uploaded somewhere?

    ReplyDelete